- To provide insurance cover.
- To run life insurance business on sound line.
- To provide more efficient service to the policyholders.
- To maximize the return to the policyholders by economizing on expenses.
- To mobilize small savings and place the same at the disposal of Government.
- To use the policyholders fund in the wider interest of the country.
- To care for its stake holders.
- To care for its employees.
- To uphold the rules.
- To widen the area of operation of life insurance and making its available to as large a section of the population as possible, extending it from the comparatively more affluent sections of society to the common man in towns and villages.